Last summer, the Pacific Northwest experienced record-breaking temperatures. While hot weather can make your home uncomfortable, it can transform your car’s cabin into a dangerous oven.
Installing window tint is one of the best ways to reduce heat inside your vehicle. Elite Window Tinting proudly offers XPEL window film, which blocks 99% of UV rays and 98% of infrared heat.
Discover how XPEL tint keeps your car cool all summer.
The Dangers of Hot Car Cabins
Think of your car as a greenhouse on wheels. With glass on all four sides, cars swiftly absorb the sun’s rays and turn into saunas. In fact, a vehicle’s interior temperatures can rise 20 degrees or more if left in the sun for just 10 minutes.
While you’ll never leave your toddler or dog in a parked car without AC and the windows up, driving in a hot vehicle can be dangerous. Heat stroke is the top health risk of sitting in a roasting car. Common symptoms of heat stroke include confusion, seizures, and hot, dry skin. Older and younger passengers are most at risk.
Tinting your car’s windows will keep it cool, even while it’s parked.
DID YOU KNOW: The average American spends nearly 11 hours driving every week. With so much time spent behind the wheel, keeping your car cool and comfortable is essential.
Which XPEL Tint is Best for Heat Reduction?
The best types of window film for heat reduction are XPEL PRIME HP metalized and XPEL PRIME XR ceramic tints.
Let’s take a closer look at each option.
- XPEL PRIME HP Metalized Tint: This film is made of metallic particles that reflect the sun’s rays away from your vehicle, reducing heat and glare. The metal particles also give the tint a sleek, shiny look and prevent your car’s interior from fading. The only drawback to this film is that the metal might interfere with your phone or radio signals.
- XPEL PRIME XR Ceramic Tint: This window film is a premium tint coated with ceramic particles. The advanced technology efficiently blocks out UV rays and infrared heat. This reduces your risk of skin cancer, skin cell damage, and premature aging. XPEL ceramic tint also reduces glare, helping you to see better while driving at sunset. Thanks to its non-metal construction, it will never interfere with your phone or radio reception.
- XPEL PRIME CS Black Dyed Window Tint: Want to tint your windows on a budget? Dyed film is an affordable alternative to ceramic and metalized window tint. While less expensive, this film still effectively reduces heat. In fact, the Skin Care Foundation recommends XPEL PRIME CS Black Window tint as a powerful UV protectant.
Elite Window Tinting offers XPEL PRIME HP metalized film, XPEL PRIME XR ceramic, and XPEL PRIME CS Black dyed tint options. Want to learn more? Our experts are always happy to help. Call us today at 503-744-7999 to learn what tint is best for your needs.
Does Window Tint Really Reduce Heat?
Yep! Since XPEL window film blocks out UV rays and infrared heat, it will keep your car’s interior cool all summer long. Standard window tints can reduce heat by up to 45%. Premium films, including XPEL metalized and ceramic tints, can reduce heat by as much as 80%. And since you don’t have to blast your air conditioner, window tint also helps you save energy.
A few additional benefits of tinting your car’s windows with XPEL include:
- Reduce sun glare
- More privacy and security
- Preserves your car’s interior
- Enhanced aesthetics
As you can see, XPEL window tint does much more than keep your car cool!
Is Ceramic Tint Better than Carbon Tint?
One of the most common questions we hear at our shop is if ceramic window film is better than carbon tint. While carbon tint effectively reduces heat thanks to its carbon particles, ceramic film is much better quality. It blocks up to 98% of infrared heat and 99% of UV rays, providing SPF 1,000 protection.
Ceramic film is also more durable and better at reducing sun glare than carbon tint.
How to Choose the Best Window Tint for Heat Reduction
It’s always wise to do your due diligence before investing in any product. Before buying window tint, ask yourself the following questions:
- How much are you willing to spend?
- Do you want a premium tint, or will standard film do?
- What other qualities do you want the window tint to offer?
Elite Window Tinting Will Keep You Cool All Year Long
Since 2000, Elite Window Tinting has been Milwaukie, Oregon’s go-to destination for superior window tinting solutions. With more than 50 years of cumulative experience, our staff uses the best tints, techniques, and technologies in the industry. We always put your needs first and will work closely with you to find the best window film to keep your car cool.
To learn more, don’t hesitate to contact us today by calling 503-744-7999. We’ll help you beat the heat this summer!
- Ceramic Tint vs Regular Tint: What’s the Difference? - September 1, 2023
- XPEL Window Tint: The Superior Choice for Vehicle Heat Reduction - June 5, 2023
- Is 2023 a Good Time to Buy a Car? - March 30, 2023